Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm thinking of starting a facebook group entitled : I remember when someone saying "You're so tan!" was a compliment, not an admonishment and/or I swear I wore SPF 70, a hat, some heavy duty-European sunblock that isn't even available in the States, and sat in the shade.
So, yes, a week later and I'm peeling. Big time. Like a snake shedding its skin. I would have said that was impossible considering all the precautions I took and the small fact that I didn't get burned, but I would do it all again in a heartbeat if it meant getting to have the vacation from which I've returned. Relax-o-rama and drinks served in coconuts.
And hey, what's a little more sun damage on someone who is already suffering the cosmetic decline of one who spent her youth frying in the sun? In for a penny, in for a pound. But truly, the irony of it all doesn't escape me as I know I ranted on this f
orum last year. Had I only
known the secret to a deep, dark, raging tan was sunblock reapplied every two hours, a hat and staying in the shade, just think of all the time I could have saved laying out...

1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

I have a new hatred for tanning. I had to lie in the tanning bed every day for 6 weeks for my show. I probably aged my skin 70 years in that time. I'm slowly drifting back to my natural pastiness...