Sunday, January 17, 2010

So, I suspect that I have the "lob." Also known as the "long bob" the groundbreaking haircut that revolutionized the nation by the likes of Gwyenth Paltrow and maybe even someone else. To break it down, you take fairly long hair and cut it off to right below the shoulders. I know, I know, it's pretty dang radical. And while I generally think it looks fine on...Gwyneth Paltrow (the magazines tend to make it sound as though it's sweeping the country ala the Farrah or the Rachel but I think pretty much just Gwyneth Paltrow has it), I have suspected that on a civilian it looks like a mom cut. And yeah, it pretty much does.

And yet, I keep waiting for my shock and horror portion of my brain to kick in and notice that I'm not even close to being able to sit on my hair and that you can see my entire shirt from the back, unencumbered by a curtain of hair, and y'know I guess I just don't care. My hair was still damaged beyond belief from the blonde to black to copper to black to brown to brownish fiasco and now it seemingly so healthy that I can actually get a comb through it (okay, I don't use a comb. I use a pick. A giant pick. From 1982 when we used Dippity-do. I have a lot of hair. Combs break really easily. And quite frankly, my pick is missing a couple of teeth as well.) Huh. Maybe...I don't need quite THAT much hair to hide behind? Who knew? Or maybe I'm just really tired.

4 comments:

papersatchel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
papersatchel said...

so, i just laughed out loud so hard that i not only almost threw out my own back, but i also almost had my snack of greek yogurt and berries exit through my nose. dippity do and hair picks.

my husband actually heard me laughing over the loudest volume setting of his brand new record player downstairs.

keep in mind that your newly-healthied hairstyle is probably gorgeous on you, as you (single-handedly) could bring back the dorothy hamill.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Ok, now that you have my curiosity piqued because I can't really envision you with anything but your long hair, I need to see a photo!

I'm sure it looks fabulous, by the way!