Friday, August 14, 2009

So, every morning at my house looks about the same.

I am generally the last one up and at 'em, having spent some part of the night awake. Stella is always the first. I have two cups of coffee and then at some point start to realize I am functioning. I may or may not have had full conversations and/or written out my daily to-do list, all of which I will have no recollection. Stella spends her time sleeping and smashed against my leg. It's the closest she comes to cuddling, so I try not to move. 

Stella has a good way to begin the day. She opens her eyes, does some yoga and scratching, sneezing and twirling, and then begins staring at a still-sleeping Duke with her Jedi mind trick focus. If during this time Duke has the misfortune of breathing, Stella will take this as a sign that she has indeed chosen the correct time to awaken and begins to whine. TIME! Time to get up! Time for breakfast! Time to get newspaper!Oh, newspaper's not here yet? Because it's too early? OKAY! SOUNDS GOOD! WOO-HOO!!! And then once she has eaten, she goes back to bed and immediately falls asleep. About an hour later, the neighboring rooster starts to crow. In case you were wondering, those suckers are loud. But not as loud as a terrier who wants her breakfast.

1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

Ha ha, the way you describe Stella is so funny...