Monday, August 24, 2009

So basically I've been too tired and too busy to write. Or do anything except look-up at the end of the day and go, "HUH? Where did the time go?"

On on hand, Mort is super excited to head off to kindergarten. On the other hand, he didn't realize he would have to go every day. "What? When will I see my friends?" he demanded. I keep checking his birth certificate, but he really isn't a teenager.

Our house has been a balmy 80 degrees because we have a very dear friend visiting from Italy and truly, central air is one of the things that makes America great. I can't imagine finding another country as enchanting as Italy, but it is beyond hot there.However, we love our friend very much, and so we have the ac bumped up to 80 degrees and are panting and vying with Stella for the privilege of lying on the cool kitchen floor. Our friend, meanwhile is wearing pants, a sweater and a scarf and shivering and complaining about how freezing it is. However, our sink is leaking and damned if he didn't immediately take it apart and start trying to fix it. Maybe it was because I told him I would turn on the heat if I didn't have to call a plumber.


1 comment:

Kerouaced said...

I'm not a fan of a warm house either but on the bright side it's good for the environment. :)