Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who  doesn't love having a friend that steps outside, collects some eggs and delivers them to your house so that you can make French toast?

BTW, I saw no evidence of the French horking down French toast in France. I did, however, see them carrying baguettes and muttering about stinky cheese.

As I am always complaining about my lack of sleep, I give mad props to the Sandman because I slept from 9 t0 6 last night and I feel like I could leap tall buildings in a single bound.

We took an impromptu family day to an amusement park and I realized that had I any doubts prior, I am officially on the other side of old. My first clue was when I spotted a guy with a full-on, proper 1978 mohawk, complete with individual two-foot spikes and shaved head. And I thought he looked like a little boy trying to play tough dress-up. And I also thought it was an impractical hair-do for getting on rides. A mere 20 years ago, I would have followed him all around the park thinking he was the bee's knees. Although he probably wasn't even a twinkle in his mama's eye 20 years ago.

My second clue was getting dizzy on the Tilt-a-whirl of all things. Didn't I used to feel that the more loops and swirls a ride had the better it would be? Who can't take the Tilt-a-whirl? Old people with inner ear issues, that's who.

Oh, and  I worried that my sunblock was wearing off and  I  actually watched the shows. Yep. Nothing says "old" like watching a bunch of amusement park wanna-be- Broadway-stars' rendition of "YMCA". Although if singing and dancing is your thing and you are in college or high school(?), wouldn't that be a great summer job? Way better than working at Long John Silver's.


No comments: